I have put a little thought into this recently and have come to believe that dating sites are a little like cupcake shops. Yes, cupcake shops as opposed to anything else.
1. they suck you in with the promise of something that will make you happy if you pay a nominal fee… each one (shop/site not cupcake/candidate) a little different based on ratings, quality, and features.
2. Once they get you in, you find that there are many you could be happy with; so after you mull it over you decide on one that will tantalize your taste buds for the time being.
3. You put your message out there either through the barista or dating site, and wait for the fulfillment of your request.
4. While you wait, you begin to peruse again. Something has to keep you occupied.
5. Upon further examination, you realize that there are other flavors you could be equally satisfied with. But, as you have already placed your order, you will just have to come back again.
6. With all the choices, you just keep coming back and back because you want to try everything there is to offer. None will be good enough until you find the one that you keep going back to despite how good everything else looks.
7. There is nothing to say that you will ever be content with just one Cupcake shop either. Maybe they don’t have your perfect cupcake, so you have to try another. Until you find one.
8. After all that searching and all that wasted money, you still find yourself unsatisfied, alone, and now fat… because you did a lot of tasting.
Is it worth it? Some would say yes. Some find their perfect cupcake on the first go. Lucky them. I find cupcakes simply too tantalizing to just try one, or maybe I’m just too picky. Sometimes I just go into the store look around, and walk back out with out buying anything.
There are a lot of good ones out there, but I have never not found the perfect one.